At current, SI contribution rates are as follows:
Employer’s contribution rate
- Sickness, maternity fund 3%
- Occupational diseases and accident fund 0.5%
- Retirement and death fund 14%
The Government issued Decree 58/2020 ND-CP (“Decree 58”) on 27 May 2020, providing guidance on employer’s contribution to the SI fund for occupational diseases and accident. Decree 58 comes into effect on 15 July 2020.
Pursuant to Decree 58, companies operating in industries with high risk of occupational diseases and accident, meeting the conditions stipulated under Article 5 of Decree 58 can apply for a lower contribution rate of 0.3% instead of the current regulated rate of 0.5%.
Companies operating in industries with high risk of occupational diseases and accident
Under Circular 7/2016/TT-BLDTBXH of the Ministry of Labour Invalids and Social Affairs dated 16 May 2016, companies regarded as engaging in high risk of occupational diseases and accident business include: 2
2. Plastic/rubber based chemical production
3. Metal production
6. Ship building
7. Power generation and transmission
8. Fishery and aquatic processing
9. Garment/apparels/shoes manufacturing
10. Scrap recycling